Start by going room by room to see what swaps you can make. But remember, start small, don't overwhelm yourself, and if you fail, that's ok - just try again.
Here are some starter tips:
1. Kitchen. Buy as much fresh food without packaging as possible. Replace cleaning products with natural fiber alternatives. Use kitchen rags and cloths to replace paper towels.
2. Laundry & Cleaning. Replace cleaning products with natural fiber alternatives. Buy cleaning agents in bulk using your own glass bottles and jars.
3. Plastic Free Shopping. Use cloth shopping bags, reusable food containers, net or mesh bags, beeswax wrapping and shop at markets or bulk food stores.
4. Beauty & Makeup. Replace plastic items, such as toothbrushes, for items made from bamboo or coconut fiber. Look for plastic free beauty and bathroom products, with reusable containers.
5. Casual Dining. Replace plastic straws, bottles, and cutlery with glass, paper, and bamboo alternatives.